We always share our experiences with friends. In social networks this is done with likes, comments and reposts.
Emotional content forms an emotional memory, which in turn encourages the user to share with other impressions received. Adrenaline is involved in the storage of emotionally tinged memories, so these memories are called "bright memory."Emotional content is a tool for managing the emotions of others for their own purposes.
Emotions from a scientific point of view are quick and short elements of the senses. TalentSmart analysts (Nick Tasler, Melissa Monday and Lac D. Su) came to the conclusion that "a lack of understanding of emotions ... prevents us from effectively investing resources, making reasonable deals and increasing business as a whole."
Emotional content rests on three pillars: intentions, motivation and desires of your target audience.
How it works?
- All sorts of groups are important, all sorts of groups are needed: types of communities "VKontakte"
- Analysis of the emotional content of the most popular communities of the social network "VKontakte"
- Analysis of entertainment publics
- Fans cry too: working with emotions in interest groups
- What emotions cause posts business communities?
- Emotional manipulation in the news of public
- "Whitish" and "sad" that sell
- How to cause emotions: 10 tips
Catching on Hot: Emotional Sharing Content
We use the simplified classification of emotions K. Isard:
1. Positive emotions: interest and joy.
Content calls interest its novelty, relevance and benefits to the subscriber.
Feeling joy - This is the desire of users to relax, laugh or express their approval.
2. Surprise - this is the subscriber's reaction to your content, which does not have a positive or negative sign, but is easily transformed into other kinds of emotions.
3. Negative emotions: sadness and anger.
Sorrow - feeling the subscriber when receiving information that causes negative experiences: sadness, nostalgia, loss, sadness.
Feeling anger satisfies the need of subscribers in expressing aggression, resentment, irritability towards certain objects and actions.The kinds of emotions (feelings) that work successfully for some communities may turn out to be a failure in other groups.
What are the general trends in the active sharing of content related specifically to emotions? What emotions cause the most popular posts among subscribers of VKontakte groups?
All sorts of groups are important, all sorts of groups are needed: types of communities "VKontakte"
A popular social network offers users the choice of the type of communities to develop:
- groups (for organizing active communication between community members);
- public pages (to inform subscribers and unique tools to attract new ones);
- events (similar to public pages, but tied to a specific date).
Also, the group "VKontakte" can be distributed according to their activities.
Analysis of the emotional content of the most popular communities of the social network "VKontakte"
Let us analyze what emotions bring us active sharing of content:
- Randomly select 50 groups of each category in the SMMBOX service.
- We determine the most popular posts by virality (likes, comments and repost).
- We distribute the posts regarding the basic emotions that they cause. For this:
- We observe the Central Asian reaction, for this we analyze the comments of subscribers.
- Or evaluate the emotional content of the posts by the authors.
- We make emotiograms of popular posts for each type of community, we choose leading emotions.
- Based on the data, we determine the value of emotions in sharing the content of the social network VKontakte.
Analysis of entertainment publics
Conclusion: most of the most popular posts of entertaining publics contain such emotional nuances as joy and laughter, emotion, surprise and interest (for example, to famous personalities). However, it is easy to see on an emotiogram that feelings such as anger and sadness are not completely absent. In the examples one can notice the dual (ambivalent) posts, which unite opposing emotions.Children, jokes, nostalgia for the USSR and the 90th, animals, famous personalities with unknown (sometimes even by themselves) quotations - this is what definitely works in entertainment groups. Read also: How to use nostalgia in marketing
Fans cry too: working with emotions in interest groups
Conclusion: most of the most popular posts of fan communities also contain the entire emotional palette of feelings. It is worth noting that after joy and interest (which is quite understandable, fanatics are enthusiastic and positive people) there is a feeling of sadness. And only then - surprise. Indeed, this is not a surprise to a real fan, but empathy to an idol brings long-awaited posts and reposts.Animeshniki, fans of Yegor Creed, Pharaoh, fans of football clubs - in the first place on sharing fan-content.
What emotions cause posts business communities?
Conclusion: motivating to work and aimed at the success of the business community clearly make it clear that they are saddened that none of their subscribers has yet become a millionaire. They are still taking the time to polayk their posts, and not to work. And it is easy to explain: the subscriber must be sad that he is still not the most successful and quoted. A motivating post is bound to cause a feeling of joy from reading such interesting ideas or phrases. Interestingly, there are more popular posts that provoke anger among subscribers, more than in other categories.
Distinctive features of popular business community posts:
- Quotes. "Need more quotes, even more." There was not a single photo post where in the center there would not be a significant or mind-blowing phrase.
- Bright personality and aggressive posture or facial expressions - psychologists associated with the desire to look stronger and more confident. Quite justified application.
- Pictures of such posts are detached in nature and are often completely unrelated to the content. Seals, mountains, flowers, symbols and gradient backgrounds - a variety of surprises.
Emotional manipulation in the news of public
Conclusion: The creators of online media know - the news should be interesting. Among the most popular publications there are no clearly prevailing emotions: the posts deliberately cause conflicting feelings. Receptions working today in newsgroups have long been tested by television advertising. Such use of ambivalent emotional shades helps attract new subscribers and increase the number of reposts.The desire of subscribers to leave comments to posts and participate in all sorts of discussions is the basis of information interaction with the audience of similar publics.
"Whitish" and "sad" that sell
Conclusion: What emotions work in the audience of the social network "VKontakte" in the process of buying goods and services? Interest, joy and surprise - the basis of interaction with customers, regardless of where they sell their services or goods. The feeling of nostalgia, which causes sadness, was met in popular posts of representative offices of companies of various brands, but not in selling groups. Anger or outrage - do not sell. Gifts, surprises, pleasant events - attracting customers is possible only on a positive basis.
How to cause emotions: 10 tips
In the course of the study, we managed to find out that emotional content is actually being shared more actively. What does this mean for SMM?
- The main condition for high virality is the consistency of content with the interests of subscribers.
- Subscribers of VKontakte groups prefer to share posts with positive emotional nuances (laughter, emotion, approval, admiration). The feature of Central Asia works here: schoolchildren from 10 to 16 years old, young people from 17 to 23 are the main audience of this social network.
- In order to sell your services or VKontakte products, you are obliged to manipulate the feelings of your future clients: today it sells a product presentation, and not the product itself.
- Study your audience: age, hobbies, occupation - everything that can give you an idea of their emotional range.
- Do not be lazy to go to the pages of the most active users and carefully review their wall.
- Interview your most active followers, or do a survey. Ask direct questions about the presentation of content, its content and any other questions.
- Pick up for the post unusual images, dynamic and not wiped up to the holes. Look for them from famous caricaturists, artists or just creative people. The exception is the memes, but give up their usual design and make a novelty, it will attract attention.
- Remember that nostalgia is a great excuse for repost. Feeling lost, memories - sad feelings I want to share.
- Posts that cause opposing emotions, or controversial in content, can gather an army of commentators eager to prove their point. Give them this opportunity: use contradictions.
- Anger is a strong negative emotion. Study the pain points of your audience and use them.
People are emotional creatures. Evoke emotions in any content element to increase virality. Remember that audience preferences are changing rapidly. React to these changes and look for new ways of emotional influence.