Companies spend a lot of money on creating selling texts in the hope that they will convert the reader or listener into a client and instantly increase their sales. But the question is: is this all-selling text almighty? Is there any universal formula for writing material that necessarily leads to the sale? And if so, why then far from all marketing campaigns are successful? Let's try to figure it out.
Today on the Internet you can find thousands of articles that literally cultivate the value of selling text for business development, prescribing it as a cure for all diseases. Seminars, meetings and master classes of content marketing professionals are organized, where they learn to write excellent selling texts. But have you ever wondered how they are, in fact, different from simple texts? And what a wonderful property they have that they can sell any product? For example, the company sells lawn mowers. But how to sell one of them to one who has neither a dacha, nor a country house, and to whom it is simply not needed? Of course, this person will not be interested in the proposal, however beautiful it may be. So the conclusion is simple.
Do not expect from the selling text the impossible, but it is better to forget about this definition. There is no universal recipe for creating material that will definitely lead to sales. After all, if a business is hopeless, no, even the most elegant text will save it. Now do you understand the irony of our headline? The worst thing is that this particular request is most often driven into search engines by many copywriters.
However, neglecting the quality of content and detracting from its merits is also not worth it. Try to create such material that will be interesting and useful to your readers. Publish content that will help them solve a problem or answer an interesting question. And remember, no one can teach you to write 100% conversion texts, even our experienced copywriters. All we can do for you is to give a couple of tips on how to create high-quality content with such key concepts as “value” and “targeting”. So let's go!
- Clearly state your goals.. You need to understand what specifically you want from your users. What will they feel when they read your text? What will interest or bother them most? What actions should they take after reading? Remember, to solve a problem, you first need to formulate it correctly.
- Focus on a specific customer. Imagine who might be interested in your services or products. Women or men? Residents of the capital or regions? Lovers or professionals? This will allow you to create an approximate portrait of your target audience, under which you need to adjust all the texts. Otherwise, without relying on a specific recipient, the text will be "empty" and non-targeted.
- Explore the needs of modern society. Stay up to date with the latest news, research from world scientists and the most popular social networking posts. At this stage, marketers are involved in the work, who analyze the market, the level of supply and demand for a particular product. Given the nuances of the situation today, you can provide the audience with exactly what it needs. For example, yellow umbrellas came into vogue, and without thinking twice, your company immediately began to produce umbrellas of this color. Of course, the level of sales will increase significantly. Conclusion: offer people only what they really want, and you will succeed.
- Do not drive yourself into the frame. Do not pursue standards. Do not limit the amount of text. The main thing is to achieve the goal, i.e. sales, and the number of characters does not always matter.
At the time of writing:
- Be consistent. Yes, of course, the main purpose of the selling text is to lead to a sale, but this does not mean at all that you should immediately demand to buy or order your goods. First, voice the existing problem, highlight its relevance, and then suggest a way to solve it with your product. Then tell about the advantages and benefits of your product, why it is worth buying it from you and right now. Describe in detail your offer from a profitable side. For readability, use bulleted lists, sidebars, enticing headlines and subheadings. All this will allow people to first evaluate your company, then, perhaps, believe you, and only then will they be ready to purchase.
but! Do not praise your products or services, avoid very vivid definitions and admiration. Rely only on the facts, but present them in a beautiful wrapper. Otherwise, by promising in theory the sky in diamonds, but in practice providing only a ceiling in rhinestones, you risk not only losing a client, but also earning a bad reputation. After all, most likely, he will tell about his unpleasant experience to friends or write about you angry post on Twitter.
- Anticipate possible questions. As soon as readers are familiar with the description of your product, most likely they will have additional questions. For example, "I want to make a facelift, but I'm afraid there will be scars ...", or "they decided to start a Labrador, but we are worried that our apartment will be too small for him." So, in order to avoid any unnecessary questions or doubts that impede the purchase, carefully study the topic you are writing about, and tell readers all the valuable information at once. Since most people are very lazy, it will be easier for them to refuse the offer at all than to request additional information. To make it easier to understand your customers, introduce yourself as one of them. Here, what would you like to know about your product? This is reflected in the text.
but! Do not overload the text with a huge amount of information. Do not necessarily write about everything that you know. The bottom line is to provide valuable material in a concise and easy to read form.
- Do not forget to talk about discounts, promotions, bonuses and guarantees. Get the goods at a reduced price - it is so tempting! "Taxi will arrive in 10 minutes. Later - we will take you for free!" "Buy a car today and get a free car wash ticket!" Such actions instantly attract the attention of readers and motivate them to purchase or order products. If you have a system of guarantees and returns, tell us about it. The phrases "all our televisions are guaranteed for three years" or "if the drug is ineffective, we will refund the money" inspire peace of mind and confidence.
but! Do not focus on the cheapness of goods or services, since high quality cannot be cheap, and adequate customers understand this.
- Hint at your credibility. Have you been successfully working in your field for a long time? Got a lot of awards and quality certificates? Or maybe your products are used by celebrities? Well, this is certainly worth knowing to future customers.
but! Do not be arrogant and do not present yourself as the best specialist on earth. Keep a balance between the demonstration of real merits and biased praise of your company.
- Turn on the call to action. After unobtrusive persuasion, you can proceed to the request for purchase. Your call must be both gentle and persistent, and you must be tactful and persuasive. "You are interested in the work of this author? You can buy his book in our online store, especially since the action is now running: minus 20% for all fantastic literature. Have time to buy it! The promotion is valid only until the end of March." The key phrases for calling: "now", "only today", "hurry", "call", "contact our company", etc.
but! You should not be too prank or directly beg for a purchase, it looks extremely unconvincing. Also avoid categorical requirements. The reader should have the impression that it was he himself who decided to buy your product, and not you forced it.
- Give examples of purchases already made. People like to follow others, do "like everyone else." Therefore, if Nastya found out that Ole helped the wrinkle cream of your company, then she will most likely buy it too. Concrete examples of successful purchases and feedback from satisfied customers not only increase your credibility, but also make the text fascinating. After all, it is much more interesting to read life stories than a dry theory.
but! Do not overdo it with their number. Numerous stories and reviews of happy customers, occurring in almost every paragraph of your texts, can alert users and raise doubts about their plausibility.
- Create enticing headers. Do you think we just forgot about them and remembered only at the very end? Not at all. The title was waiting in the wings, and now it has arrived. Title for the text - one of the most important components. If you succeed in catching the attention of readers with a headline, consider half the work already done, because he will certainly want to know the sequel.
but! Creating creative headlines - the whole art. You should not try to "shove" all the information of the text into it at once, but do not leave the topic of the material too far. Show imagination and write unusual headlines.
- Write postscript. At the end, summarize, draw a conclusion and provide your contact information. Once again remind you of the uniqueness of your commercial offer.
So, remember one thing: there is no universal recipe for selling texts. Not a single copywriter in the world, even the most experienced, can teach you how to create content that will certainly lead to a fabulous increase in sales. Each specific situation requires a purely individual approach. What worked in one marketing campaign will not always lead to success in another. Therefore, all that is required of you when writing a text is to rely on the requests of your target audience, make them lucrative offers and create content that will answer all their questions. This is the only way to achieve success, increase traffic and increase sales. Good luck!